Wednesday, October 03, 2007

La Raiz Y El Camino

Since I shared the special book I found for Danielle a few days ago, I thought I'd also show you my other find -- the one that stayed with me. On the same trip to the same used book store, I sat on the floor and poured over this quiet, captivating book of photography by Mariana Yamplosky, all taken in Mexico. I am mesmerized by the movement, the light and shadow...the deep spirit she captures in each of her photographs. I had never heard of her before finding this book but I find these photos so moving. Here is a small sample. I wish I read Spanish so I could understand the introduction!





3 comments:

Tiffany said...

those look beautiful! good find!! i'm gonna check her out later

ali said...

ooooh, yes. beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos..and i love that they're in B&W.