Monday, September 17, 2007

Goodbye, Summer. Hello, New Year.










Hello, Friends. Over the past many months I have left this space empty. I've needed the time and distance to think, to ground myself. This summer was, for me, a long meditation on a knot of big and small questions that has lead to now: the Jewish New Year. I always find the new year to be a centering time, and that has never been more true than this year. I am excited about re-inhabiting this space -- filling it with ideas, friends, creativity and life, and moving forward into the new year.

This past weekend the weather here in DC broke, and just that quickly, summer is officially over. I love the feeling of fall-on-its-way. Here, before the leaves turn color, a few pictures of the past few months, including a trip home to California and traipses through Rock Creek Park here in DC. Would you believe it if I told you that the two middle, very green photos were taken a 10 minute walk from our apartment, directly off of one of the busiest streets in the city? Magic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Aimee and i'd like to wish you a wonderful, healthy and magical year..full of adventures and happiness.

Im looking forward to getting to know you more over here.
best wishes xxx

ali said...

Yay ~ inspired by the new year and a season change. I'm so happy you've decided to re-inhabit your space too. I love your words and your wisdom.