Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Southern Charm and Celebration

We spent last weekend at a wedding in Arkansas, and I could not have had a better time. It was so special to see my two very dear friends marry one another. You know when you just know that the match is the very best thing possible? A very smart M had tissues on hand the whole time. I was pretty teary! As if it could get any better, I also got to spend time with my old high school boys, and get to know the bride's extended family who I had been hearing about for years! There is also something very special about being around to help out in the details. All the weddings and celebrations I remember most and loved the most are the ones in which we were put to work! Tying, assembling, schlepping, whatever. Afterwards, I always feel a certain kind of tangible investment and connection to the marriage that is hard to explain. Does anyone else feel similarly?

They had a real autumn celebration in Searcy, complete with a bluegrass band at the rehearsal dinner, football on the lawn the morning of, a beautiful bridal brunch, a kickin' dance party, and stunning details like the honey-pot gifts with their first initals, B&E, printed across the the top. Southern hospitality and charm rang true. I miss everyone already.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bluegrass band!