Thursday, May 10, 2007

Little Feet


This morning was our presentation to UNICEF. This afternoon we submitted the report. Hooray! Many meetings, classroom observations, discussions with directors, 3rd grade dance performances and cups of coffee later we are ready to return home. We spoke with the EU and OSCE, parents and teachers, community members, little ones, and so many others. I have certainly gotten a good taste of lovely Sarajevo and leave with more questions, ideas and an a much deeper appreciation for post-conflict education reconstruction. There have been so many layers to my experience here and I would like to come back. But one last team meeting, one last dinner and I am home. Summer in DC awaits! See you soon...
Aimee
PS I just love all these little shoes. The children leave them by the door each day as they enter the classroom and then spend the day wearing slippers!

No comments: